Sunday, June 26, 2011

An Easy Schmeasy Dessert...Dump Cake!

If you'll notice, very few of my posts are about sweets.  I leave that up to my sister-in-law or my Mom who both make excellent desserts.  One dessert that I have somehow been missing out on all these years is Dump Cake!  The cool thing about dump cake is that you can mix and match your favorite fruits, so you can seem really inventive and creative with this dish! ;)

What you need for this dump cake:
  • 1 can cherry pie filling
  • 1 large can crushed pineapple
  • 1 yellow boxed cake
  • 1 stick of butter, melted

Here's the simple part!!  Spray your casserole dish with Pam.  DUMP the cherry pie filling in the dish, DUMP the crushed pineapple in the dish (NO draining), stir them around together.  Sprinkle the cake mix over the fruits and pour the melted butter all over the top.  Bake at 350 for an hour.  EAT!!  Or add Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream on top and then EAT!

My sister-in-law made this with peach pie filling and crushed pineapple....I think that it's my favorite!  Get creative :)

No comments:

Post a Comment