Thursday, August 16, 2012

Spicy Italian Sausage & Chicken Pasta

So, I haven't blogged about food in a while mainly because my creative juices haven't been flowing. I ended up combining a few of my favorite recipes together to come up with what Justin calls "the best thing you've ever made!"

Here's what you need:
1 lb ground Italian sausage
1 small package boneless, skinless chicken breast
bell pepper (I used 1 large green and a very small red), chopped
1 small onion, chopped
Olive oil
1 block of cream cheese, softened
about 1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 small package of fresh mushrooms
shredded parmesan cheese
pasta (I used bowtie)
seasonings: garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes

Here's what you do:
Brown the sausage. Scoop it out onto papertowels to drain. Add the chicken to the skillet in the sausage grease. If needed, add a little olive oil. Add onion and bell pepper. Season with the above seasonings. Cook until chicken is done. Add sausage back to skillet. Move the meats to the outer edges and add the cream cheese to the skillet. Melt down, then add the heavy whipping cream, about 3/4 cup parm cheese, and mushrooms. Stir all together. You probably need to add more of the seasonings at this point. Simmer on low for about 15 mintues. Add your cooked pasta. Top with about 1/4 cup parm cheese.


3 comments:

  1. Omg! Yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh this looks incredible. i can't wait to try it. it must be good if justin says it is the best thing you have ever made considering all of the yummy dishes you have made!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks and sounds amazing! My husband loves mushrooms so I think he would be a huge fan, can't wait to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete