Sunday, September 9, 2012

36 weeks survey and my Jasper shower

 Last weekend, my husband's family through us our 2nd baby shower.  It turned out so cute! They went with a nauticle-type theme. My in-laws live on the lake where the shower was held, so it worked out perfectly. Here are a few pics...
Diaper cake made by my talented sister-in-law.
My parents...patiently waiting on their first grandchild!
35 weeks
My mother-in-law and mom.
My mother-in-law and sister-in-law.
Cute sand bucket made of fruit with adorable fruit crabs and starfish!
Total weight gained/lost: hahaa!!! Who's counting?? 
Maternity clothes: I'm working with what I've got.  I'm too close to the end to buy anyhing new. I'm very thankful I wear scrubs to work.

Best moment of the week(s): My shower last weekend was great. I think I've got everything I need for this little guy. I've been busy washing clothes, socks, blankets...just getting ready for his arrival.
 Movement: He's still moving alot. He loves my ribs on my right side. I never feel him in my left ribs. Every now and then there's a kick or movement that is so dramatic that I actually kinda jump!
Sleep: Hmm there are nights I sleep great and nights that I toss and turn. I try to squeeze in a nap when I can on the weekends and sometimes after work. I know I'll need all the rest I can get pretty soon.
Food cravings: Lately nothing special. I have been eating alot of avocados though now that I think about it.
Food aversions: Nothing really. I still haven't eaten shrimp. And last night I made homemade hamburgers and I thought the smell of the raw beef was disgusting, but it didn't stop me from eating the final product!
Morning sickness: No, thankfully.

Gender: Boy...and ready to meet my new man! :)
What I miss: Being able to jump up and do whatever I want to do. I've been dealing with some major sciatica pain or something of the sort. My left hip has been giving me a fit which is really slowing me down. I have to take lots of breaks or just stay seating to be comfortable. Doctor said the best cure is to evict this baby! Ha!  Hopefully this is a pain that will disappear as soon as he's born!

What I'm looking forward to: Wednesday I go for my last ultrasound and we will check his growth and have a good idea of what size baby we're dealing with!
Weekly wisdom: Allow people to help!!! Now that I've been dealing with this hip, I've had to learn to take people up on their offers to do stuff for me. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love how cute the shower in Jasper was too!!!
    I am glad you are over your hip pain. HOpefully for good.

    ReplyDelete