Saturday, October 16, 2010

Trick~or~Treat

I haven't cooked much this week...this is not typical for me and I can't really figure out why the week was so out of the ordinary, but oh well.  I plan to get back into my routine this coming week.  Monday night I baked a whole chicken in the oven.  My husband isn't really a chicken-lover...he prefers beef, pork, and seafood.  He wasn't thrilled that I was cooking chicken, but I was so happy to hear him say that night that it was the BEST chicken he had EVER eaten!!  Now, those words are music to my ears, but my hubby seems to get a little dramatic when he is sitting over a plate of delicious food.  Anyway, here's what I did (sorry for no pics, just imagine it and your mouth will water!)---by the way, this recipe came from Anna!
-take out all the "stuff" inside the bird
-stuff the bird with whole garlic cloves, chopped onion, rosemary, and sliced lemons
-oil the chicken down...I used canola oil
-then season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, Tony's...whatever you like
-cook in oven at 450 for about an hour and 15 minutes
I served this with some mashed potatoes that I had leftover and I added to them: Ranch dressing, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and sour cream...oh and a little extra butter!  They were FAB!

Today I was feeling a little crafty and my step-son, Noah, had mentioned that he didn't have a bag to carry his candy in for Halloween.  To Hobby Lobby I went!!!  Here's what we ended up with.  I think he likes it, but as with any other male, he's not very vocal about it ;)



1 comment:

  1. how cute is that!!! so impressed. i bet he really liked it. why are boys so bad about expressing themselves???!!!
    those left over taters sound so good too!

    ReplyDelete