Monday, October 25, 2010

Yummy Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo

Tonight, I came home to a hungry husband, so I decided to make one of our favorite dishes because it's pretty quick and easy.  I hope you decide to try this too...I've made it for friends and family before and they all raved about how tasty it was!!  I've tried using those jarred alfredo sauces before, and they shouldn't even be put into the same category as this easy, tasty homemade sauce!!  When I'm in a hurry, I love to use this frozen blend of chopped onion, celery, and bell pepper....saves so much time and is great to keep on hand when you may not have all the ingredients:
Saute the chopped onions, bell pepper, and celery....you can chop it yourself if you choose or use the seasoning blend above.
Once the veggies are tender, you add 1 8oz block of cream cheese and about 1/2 cup of milk.
Stir around until melted.  Add more milk if needed...depends on your preference for thickness.  Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.  Stir in the raw, thawed shrimp until pink and cooked through.  Then add parmesan cheese...the more parm you use, the richer the taste.  Continue to stir until parmesan cheese is dissolved/melted.  Serve over fettuccini noodles!!! 
   

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment