Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bowfishing

Bowfishing is one of my husband's favorite things to do...next to duck hunting, of course.  I LOVE being on the water, so when he asked if I would bowfish with him if he bought me a bow, I was game!  His parents live on a lake that's great for fishing for carp and gar.  I went on several fishing trips with him before I ever shot my first one!!  We went bowfishing one evening  in March after my wedding shower.  The carp were spawning and I got 8 that night!!!  So, I went from never shooting any to shooting 8 in one night!!  Everyone on the boat got at least 6 that night.  It was an awesome experience...so much fun, adrenaline, and excitement!  It's a fun sport that I'm glad I've entered into with the hubs ;)


This was my first carp to ever shoot.
 

This is my brother-in-law on left and husband on right.
This is from another trip during the day that we came out with 0 fish!

1 comment:

  1. I am still so impressed with your bow-fishing ability. I don't think i would even be able to pull it back.
    Those fish are huge!

    ReplyDelete