Thursday, March 1, 2012

Baby Made in East Texas

I haven't blogged in far too long!  My husband has been working out of town on and off for a while, so my [cooking] inspiration has been absent.  However, I have a new topic to bring to my blog now...A BABY!! After 7 months of wishing, hoping, praying, and ummm you know...we are expecting our first in October...that makes me 8 weeks.  We could not be more excited!! Justin has a 9 year old from a previous marriage and he is super excited to be a big brother.  I am happy to have this blog to document all of my pregnancy pictures, updates, cravings, stories, rants, etc (thanks to my friend Anna from We The Gingers for suggesting).  I am on Facebook, but I don't really feel like forcing everyone to see my "baby bump" or my sonogram pictures of what looks like a blob right now.  My mom has named my little blob "butterbean" simply because she says it's shaped like a butterbean.  My husband is not keen on the nickname...I think he's afraid it will stick around!  So far, I have not had any major symptoms.  I'm super tired in the evenings and I have grown to love a nap!  My husband's biggest complaint is my snappiness.  And yes, I have become a major snapper!  He can say one thing and I could go off on a tangent for hours!  I hope this subsides because I want him to be able to enjoy this wonderful experience as much as I am.  We had our first ultrasound on February 20th.  I was able to see our little baby's heart beating at 125 beats per minute and it was the most wonderful sight!!  I can only imagine what's to come!!  My next appointment is actually with the doctor on March 7th.  I'm not sure what will happen at that appointment, but I sure hope we get to see that little nugget again!

Our little bitty baby at 7 weeks on February 20, 2012


2 comments:

  1. awww! loved this post. i'm so excited about your butterbean :) i think i like the nickname!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butterbean it is! I love that! - Emily

    ReplyDelete